Cadillac ATS-V Revealed
November 17th, 2014 11:22 AM Share
3.6L twin-turbo V6. 450 horsepower. 6-speed manual. What more do you need to know?
With only 3600 lbs to move, the ATS-V is slightly heavier than the BMW M4, but packs more horses and more torque (445 lb-ft versus 406 for the Bimmer). A 6-speed manual is available, and presumably, the 8-speed automatic will be an option as well. Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and a locking diff are also standard. It also has titanium connecting rods, just like an Acura NSX.
Published November 11th, 2014 12:35 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 140 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
Locking diff? As in, those Eaton automatic locking diffs they use on trucks? Strange choice for a sporty car, but certainly preferable to a simulated limited-slip.
The blurb doesn't say if it's front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. If it's RWD, it might be a hoot to drive, sort of like a cushy, overpriced Camaro. Something about this screams "Holden", but I'm not sure what. It's more like a 21st century Firebird with an origami hood and grille, with the rest of it copied and pasted from a 2012 Honda Civic.