Audi RS Q3 Is Macan The Baby Porsche SUV Redundant
April 19th, 2012 11:13 AM Share
What could be more China-centric than a high-performance Audi RS Q3 concept? Not much.
The RS Q3 may have an awkward name, but the TT-RS drivetrain (turbocharged 2.5L 5-cylinder, 360 horsepower and a DSG gearbox) should liven things up for Audi’s baby SUV. 60 mph comes up in 5.2 seconds, and if you look closely, you’ll see that the tachometer has Chinese characters rather than numbers.
Although it’s officially a concept designed for Audi’s stand at the Beijing Auto Show, there’s no reason it couldn’t be produced. It almost makes the Porsche Macan seem even more redundant.
Published April 19th, 2012 10:36 AM
Join the conversation
3 of 7 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kcflyer How about, "Fancy VW"?
- Kcflyer Would be very interested, despite the 4 banger, if not for the direct injection garbage.
- Wayne back in 55 when I was 10 Grandpa started with 'back her out' of the garage, then on day he crawls into the passenger side and say's take her to the post office. teach them early as you can
- 28-Cars-Later Another: How does Stellantis plan to leverage the EV experience of PSA and Opel (?) against the former FCA operation?
- Ltcmgm78 We bought a 2017 Volt when it came off lease. What a great car! Cost us $18,000 to buy. We put gas in it a couple of times a year. GM blew it with this car as they have done with others. No buyer education. This should have been the bridge car between pure ICE vehicles and pure battery vehicles. No range anxiety at all. And ours still gets 44 mpg running the gas "generator" to power the electric motor. We love it and wish a new model would return to market.
So the way an Q3 RS is made is: 1. Take an A3 and lift the suspension to make it a Q3. 2. Lower the Q3 suspension again to make it more sporty. 3. Fit RS3 engine. 4. Pretend you have a new product.
All Audis and VWs look great and have lovely interiors but the reliability and longevity is crap. Many people know this and it stops them from being the top sellers.