Ladies And Gentlemen, Your 2012 Toyota Camry
August 23rd, 2011 1:49 PM Share
The launch of a new Camry is something of a big deal in this industry, and TTAC’s global resources are standing by to provide more coverage than you could possibly hope for. Both Michael Karesh and Steve Lang will be sharing their impressions of the US launch, and Bertel is off to Tokyo tonight to cover the Japanese launch as well. I’m about to catch a plane myself for an entirely different assignment, so I’ll leave the commentary to TTAC’s Best and Brightest for now. What say you B&B? Based on these earliest impressions, will the Camry continue its dominant legacy, or is this another step in the slide from greatness that so many have been predicting for Toyota? Discuss…
Published August 23rd, 2011 1:49 PM
Join the conversation
3 of 153 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
I wonder how well the relatively low-looking lip on the front bumper is going to go over with appliance buyers when they scrape it on parking lot kerbs.
I miss the old 4-spoke steering wheel.