BREAKING: Volkswagen Group of America CEO Michael Horn Resigns
March 9th, 2016 5:11 PM Share
Volkswagen’s American operation is looking for a new leader.
Michael Horn, president and CEO of Volkswagen Group of America, stepped down effective immediately on March 9.
The company stated that Horn departed in mutual agreement with the company, and will be pursuing other opportunities.
Horn’s duties will be taken over on an interim basis by Hinrich J. Woebcken, who was chosen in January diesel emissions scandal. It was there he announced the company would be to bring them into compliance. Without the modifications, the vehicles would suffer from lowered performance and fuel mileage.
Speculation continues to this day as to whether Volkswagen will buy back those older vehicles, rather than spend money on their repair.
#Departure #Diesel #DieselEmissionsScandal #MichaelHorn #NewsletterArticles #Resignation #Volkswagen
Published March 9th, 2016 4:34 PM
Join the conversation
8 of 47 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Ianw33 It makes me laugh how many complaints i see here in the comments section. Leave it to "car enthusiasts" to be unhappy with the fact that a mainstream auto manufacturer produced a 1K HP car with a warranty that isn't $250K+. can't we just be happy that something crazy/fun exists like this before its gone, even if its not your cup of tea?
- YellowDuck This is a completely vulgar vehicle. I understand that that is the point, but still...pretty douchey.
- IBx1 ...and it's automatic, so you get the same driving experience as a camry or an Ioniq 5. What a waste.
- SCE to AUX Love it, and the price is a bargain, actually. The clean exterior is nice.Also, this caught my attention: "105mm throttle body"... that's a lot of air flow.
- Tassos I predict this will be a big hit and conquer new markets. Housewives will be lining up to grab them, and the dealers will charge $200k a unit. Why? Because they already buy SUVs and crossovers they never needed, which have much less interior space than their minivans. So they will sacrifice a bit more of that space, but at least they will not drive identical looking crossovers with their accursed neighbor's wife.I also predict the Tesla Plaid and even lesses Teslas will beat the living daylights of this idiotic vehicle, and without even breaking a sweat.
That photo reminded me of the color scheme at an electronics store (defunct) I used to go into as a kid in a mall (defunct), and play with the PCs they had on display whilst my mom shopped at Bigg's (defunct). I had to look up the name because it's been so long. CompUSA!
What a s**t show.