Los Angeles 2015: Mitsubishi to Reveal 2016 Outlander Sport, 2017 Mirage Facelifts
Mitsubishi will reveal redesigned versions of the 2016 Outlander Sport crossover and 2017 Mirage subcompact at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show next week, the automaker announced Wednesday.
Both models will be mid-cycle refreshes, though the Mirage is expected to get more attention beyond a simple skin-deep rework.
The latest news means Mitsubishi’s rumored future crossover, expected to sit between the Outlander Sport and larger, three-row Outlander, won’t be making its debut in Los Angeles this year.
For Mitsubishi’s subcompact, performance and interior enhancements will be introduced for the 2017 model year, but the automaker wouldn’t provide further details.
(We’re guessing those changes go beyond a subwoofer and badging this time around.)
For its smaller crossover, exterior changes will bring it in line with its corporate siblings.
“It features the new Dynamic Shield front design concept that was first introduced on the 2016 Outlander,” said Mitsubishi representative Alex Fedorak.
The refreshes come after Mitsubishi announced the final production run of the Evo, the company’s only performance model, and the end of domestic Outlander Sport production in Normal, Ill.
After catastrophic losses during the 2008 recession, Mitsubishi sales have been on a slow climb, though volume is still less than a third of what it was in 2002 when the automaker sold 345,000 vehicles. Mitsubishi has sold 80,683 vehicles in the United States for 2015, year-to-date.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy I plan to install a sink in the crawl space soon. After that I plan to put washer and dryer hookups on my roof.
- ToolGuy "That power team adds an electric supercharger"YES!
- Cardave5150 UAW is acting all butt-hurt that their employers didn't "share the wealth" when they had massive profits. They conveniently forget that they have a CONTRACT with their employers, which was negotiated in good faith, and which the Remaining 3 are honoring, paying them exactly what they negotiated last time.
- Kwik_Shift That's a shame.
- Jkross22 It looks like a dog breaking one off at the park.