Geneva 2015: Porsche Cayman GT4 Debuts
March 3rd, 2015 8:40 AM Share
Appearing alongside the 911 GT3 RS, the Porsche Cayman GT4 made its debut at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show.
The first Cayman to be granted a GT badge, its motivation comes via a 3.8-liter flat-six pulled from the 911 Carrera S, pushing 385 horsepower to the back via a six-speed manual. Nought to 60 comes in 4.2 seconds, with speed peaking at 183 mph.
The Cayman GT4 also pulls from the 911 GT3 parts bin, while aero maintains its grip on the road. Other options include Porsche’s Sport Chrono package, ceramic composite brakes and carbon fiber seats.
Price of admission begins at $85,595, with U.S. dealerships receiving the model starting in July.
Published March 3rd, 2015 8:39 AM
Join the conversation
3 of 37 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts Removing hardware that is already present in a physical machine you bought is theft. Someone affected should sue Tesla for conversion.It's just one more example of the sort of sharp business practices that you expect with Elmo at the helm..
- Theflyersfan Needed an updated picture of Philadelphia to replace the rather nice ones above.
- Arthur Dailey Any vehicle with a continental hump, even if vestigial, gets a thumbs up from me.
- KOKing Actually a place called Sector111 in Temecula, CA was importing them for sale in the US starting around 2012. A friend had a shop right next door, and I recall seeing the very first one the owner imported for himself, and would bring it out to promote at various local events. Also shows this thing's been around for a while.
- KevinB A $300 fine for me would be an "ouch". For someone else it may mean the electric bill doesn't get paid and there won't be enough gas to get to work.
Love the GT4 and the price is not too crazy, relative to past cars, but I think this could have been the GT-S and sold for 10k cheaper, 385HP is ~50 more HP than a 25K-30K Genesis, Camaro, Mustang, 370Z etc etc. for $65K? Not saying its still not a bargain, just hate those facts! Although again, as fast an even a Z06 or Skyline GT-R is, this car is a drivers car on another level I am sure! That is very valuable!
A thing of beauty. Porsche must have finally moved the 911 $ufficently up market to allow a big motor in the Cayman....what will the aftermarket guys do now ?