Geneva 2015: Audi R8 E-tron Revealed
Briefly mentioned earlier, the spotlight now fully shines upon the Audi R8 e-tron at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show.
The electric motors powering the R8 e-tron are capable of producing 456 horsepower and 679 lb-ft of torque, pushing the electric exotic from nil to 60 in 3.9 seconds. Top speed, as mentioned previously, will be limited to between 130.5 mph and 153.3 mph.
Though range was first stated to be 250 miles on a single charge, Audi says the R8 e-tron can go 276 miles before needing to recharge, an act that could take as little as two hours on a fast charge. The automaker also stated that the exotic is a test bed for a potential electric sedan meant to take on the Tesla Model S.
Price of admission has yet to be announced, but Audi says it will begin taking orders by late 2015.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Ronin They all will back off, because the consumer demand is not there. Even now the market is being artificially propped up by gov subsidies.
- Keith Some of us appreciate sharing these finds. Thank you. I always have liked these. It would a fun work car or just to bomb around in. Easy to keep running. Just get an ignition kill switch and you would have no worries leaving it somewhere. Those OEM size wheels and tires are comical. A Juke has bigger wheels!
- Ollicat I have a Spyder. The belt will last for many years or 60,000-80,000 miles. Not really a worry.
- Redapple2 Cadillac and racing. Boy those 2 go together dont they? What a joke. Up there with opening a coffee shop in NYC. EvilGM be clowning. Again.
- Jbltg Rear bench seat does not match the front buckets. What's up?