Chicago 2015: 2016 Honda Pilot Revealed At Last
Under the cold light of morning, the 2016 Honda Pilot bowed at the first media day of the 2015 Chicago Auto Show.
Ditching its previous boxy exterior for more curves in its third iteration, the Pilot gains three inches in length for both greater cargo space behind the third-row seat. The SUV also loses 300 pounds over the outgoing model, engineers having found where to best trim-away whatever was deemed unnecessary.
Under the hood, a 3.5-liter V6 with direct injection funnels its power through either a six-speed or a new ZF nine-speed automatic to the front or all four corners, depending on what the customer chooses. The V6 also uses cylinder deactivation and start-stop technology to bolster fuel economy. Power and economy figures for the mill were not given at this time.
Other features include: optional LED projector headlamps with automatic high beams; panoramic roof; heated/ventilated front seats; Android-based connected-vehicle system; lane-departure warning; collision mitigation; blind-spot monitoring; and 20-inch wheels.
The 2016 Honda Pilot is due in U.S. showrooms this summer. Pricing was not announced as of this writing.
Seattle-based writer, blogger, and photographer for many a publication. Born in Louisville. Raised in Kansas. Where I lay my head is home.
More by Cameron Aubernon
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Vulpine PHEVs have a reputation of being more self-igniting than even an ICEV; 4x as likely and 10x as likely as a BEV.
- Akear Toyota wins once again, while GM has egg on its face.
- Slavuta Why America needs school buses altogether? When I was in school, I rode on a regular city bus
- Jeff Buy whatever works for you if you own an EV and are happy with it good, if you buy a hybrid or plug in hybrid and it works for you good, if neither and you like your ICE the way it is that is also good. I believe over time EVs will get better and have a larger segment of the market.
- Tassos Jong-iL Is New Jersey better than Old Jersey?