NAIAS 2015: Mercedes C450 AMG 4Matic Second AMG Sport Debut
Is the Mercedes GLE450 AMG Coupe not quite your speed? The AMG Sport line might have something else for you, in the form of the C450 AMG 4Matic.
The sedan and estate models are meant to bridge the gap between the standard C300 and the Mercedes-AMG C63. Thus, power for the second AMG Sport offering comes from the C400’s 3-liter twin-turbo V6, which has been re-tuned to deliver 362 horsepower and 384 lb-ft of torque. Nil to 60 comes at 4.9 seconds, with top speed electronically limited to 155 mph. The power is routed to all four corners via a seven-speed automatic, the rear pair of wheels receiving up to two-thirds of said power.
Adaptive suspension is borrowed from the aforementioned C63, which offers three-stage adjustable dampers, while the front axle boasts special steering knuckles and load-bearing joints. Multi-link rear and a stiffer body shell improve overall driving dynamics.
Other features include: five-mode Dynamic Select; MB-Tex upholstery; adaptive braking; USB multimedia system; performance seats; four light-alloy 19-inch wheel options; and collision prevention. The C450 AMG 4Matic will go on sale later this year.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Norman Stansfield Why are leaf springs still a thing on this truck?
- Syke The expected opening comments. Have had mine for two years now, the car has done exactly what I want out of it, and a little better. I'm quite happy with the car, haven't had to adjust my driving style or needs in the slightest, and . . . . oh, did a mention that I don't give a damn what today's price at the pump is?Probably going to go for a second one in the coming year, the wife's happy enough with mine that she's ready and willing to trade in the Nissan Kicks. Eventually, the not often used van will end up getting traded on a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, basically ensuring that we don't use gas for anything except the occasional long trip.And the motorcycles.
- Bobbysirhan I've never found the Allegro appealing before, but a few years of EV rollouts make it seem downright desirable.
- Scoutdude I know that dealership. Way back when my friend's grandfather was that Turner that owned the Chrysler Plymouth International dealer, in MacPherson. Of course the International was dropped when they didn't deem the Scout reason enough to keep the franchise. I moved from there in late 1978 so it is possible I saw this running around town way back when.
- Lou_BC "Overpriced" is a misnomer. Arguably, if they are selling they are not overpriced. "Dealer mark-up above MSRP" is a mouthful but more accurate. Simple, don 't buy anything marked up. A computer will help you search the country. It's a PITA but doable.