2012 Beijing Auto Show: Fiat Viaggio
April 24th, 2012 6:12 AM Share
[INSERT JUVENILE QUIP ABOUT THIS CAR’S NAME AND HOW MUCH IT SOUNDS LIKE ANATOMY]. Just kidding. We’re not that silly. Here’s a look at the Fiat Viaggio aka the Dodge Dart for China.
The made-in-China sedan will come with one of two 1.4L turbocharged Fiat engines, with 120 or 150 horsepower. A 5-speed manual or a dual-clutch automatic will be offered, with production starting in July. The Viaggio is set for a Q3 2012 launch.
Published April 23rd, 2012 6:37 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 24 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jdt65724922 How can a Chrysler E-Class ride better than a Chrysler Fifth Avenue?
- Lorenzo This series is epic, but I now fear you'll never get to the gigantic Falcon/Dart/Nova comparison.
- Chris P Bacon Ford and GM have decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Odds are Chrysler/Cerberus/FCA/Stellantis is next to join in. If any of the companies like Electrify America had been even close to Tesla in reliability, we wouldn't be here.
- Inside Looking Out China will decide which EV charging protocol will become world wide standard.
- Chris P Bacon I see no reference to Sweden or South Carolina. I hate to assume, but is this thing built in China? I can't help but wonder if EVs would be more affordable to the masses if they weren't all stuffed full of horsepower most drivers will never use. How much could the price be reduced if it had, say, 200hp. Combined with the instant torque of an EV, that really is plenty of power for the daily commuter, which is what this vehicle really is.
Huh? my first thought was that it sounded like a Las Vegas casino. Now the Skoda Felicia has an NSFW alternative name.
Make sure you don't get Sylphy in your Viaggio.