2012 Beijing Auto Show: What A Dragon
April 23rd, 2012 1:36 PM Share
The Jeep was the first American car made in China through a joint venture. Somewhere along the way, Jeep lost it. Jeep is trying to get its moxie back with the “Dragon” design concept.
It is based on a China-market Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, black with bronze-gold details. 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with 35-inch off-road tires.
Chinese dragon character side badge and wheel center caps.
Published April 23rd, 2012 1:36 PM
Join the conversation
4 of 8 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto EBFlex, Tested; Tassos Approved, VoGhost's peter puffed in the frunk.
- Kcflyer if the cost is reasonable then why not keep the capability?
- MaintenanceCosts Nice car, but the prices of used Porsches are just out of whack. I can get almost as much fun for a lot less money by picking other brands.
- Oberkanone No good. 2018 with mileage in low 20's are available for $50K. In fantastic condition. This 2010 is not priced well compared to alternative 718 in the marketplace.
- Bof65705611 Yearly inspections is overkill. Ontario requires safety certification only when vehicles change hands. This makes sense because as cars age and become more iffy, they are flipped more regularly.
It's a Jeep. You wouldn't understand.
Jeep Wranglers sell damn well in the USA and the resale value on them is pretty good. And in China where many of the roads can be called primitive at best. The Jeep will be in demand in many areas. And it will appeal to the showoff mentality that is prevalent here in China. As Firestorm says.. I don't think you get it. /shrug