What's Wrong With This Picture: Obama Motors Edition
March 27th, 2010 11:33 AM Share
The first thing I thought when I stumbled across these pictures on Flickr while searching for a photo for the previous post, was that they must be photoshopped right-wing agitprop. Not so, it turns out. According to the site mexicoreporter.com, a Fiat dealership on Avenida Insurgentes in Mexico City has changed its name to Obama Motors. As a result, we get these images which look like something straight out of a Tea Partier’s Government Motors nightmare. You just can’t make this stuff up… [UPDATE: Having successfully solved America’s major political issues, comments on this thread are now closed. Just enjoy the funny pictures.]
Published March 26th, 2010 1:17 PM
Join the conversation
4 of 46 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy Last picture: Labeling the accelerator as "play" and the brake pedal as "pause" might be cute, but it feels wrong. It feels wrong because it is wrong, and it is wrong because Calculus.Sidebar: I have some in-laws who engage the accelerator and brake on a binary on/off all-in basis. So annoying as a passenger.Drive smoothly out there. 🙂
- Johnny ringo It's an interesting vehicle, I'd like to see VW offer the two row Buzz in the states also.
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
Yes, it's a bit of a time warp with this thread, but still more civilized and rational than those commonly part of the last regime's attempt to stay interesting by being incendiary. I attribute this new tone solely to the way the present guys are running things. The tenor has been raised enormously here at TTAC and I think the proof is before us. BTW, the only thing I know for sure is that Tea Baggers and others on the far right are running up against the tide of the country's demographic destiny. We are becoming much more the nightmare vision of these folks and even a Malthus couldn't argue otherwise, nor hope to change the outcome.
Mr. Niedermeyer, tear down this thread. :)