Used Car of the Day: 2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD
Want a car that's cheap, a bit of a project, and a stickshift? This 2007 Volvo V50 T5 with all-wheel drive will fit the bill.
The seller wants $2,500 as is or $9,500 if he/she fixes the "engine troubles." More specifically, the head gasket and valves and a "couple other things" started causing problems at 196,000 miles.
Apparently, outside of the engine, everything else is great -- the body is in good shape and the gearbox shifts well.
So click here if this is your cup of tea. If not, tomorrow's another day.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- 28-Cars-Later So here's the headline between the lines, dealers are worried the Federal government isn't going to pay them in a reasonable timeframe (or perhaps not at all ?) and it will create cashflow problems. This is through the looking glass stuff.
- SCE to AUX "scheme" appears 5 times in this story. We get it.I don't understand the concern. Many, many EV credits have passed to dealers/mfrs in the decade since since Cash For Clunkers, and did so for leased EVs. I've leased two EVs, and the Federal subsidy went straight to the mfr - not me. The dealer took that figure off the sale price.You'd think the dealers (especially Nissan) had never seen this before - how ridiculous.Tell you what, dealers - advise your mfrs you'd rather not take the risk, and see how that goes.
- Crtfour It's Ford...how long before the first recall?
- Oberkanone You get a workout driving an Opel GT compared to driving experience of today. No power steering, manual transmission, and just getting into and out of the car requires extreme physical flexibility. I favor the Saab Sonett III over the Opel GT. If I'm buying a tiny two seat 1972 odd car I'm going all in.
- Lou_BC Ford's on strike. Using photos of Fords is like crossing a picket line. ;)