Jeep Farout Concept Rolls at Easter Jeep Safari
Farout, a new Jeep Gladiator concept vehicle for 2021, is an overlander built for four, thanks to the addition of an AT Overland Equipment Habitat truck topper. At 16-feet long and 7.5-feet tall, the pop top fully deployed takes about three minutes to set up.
The standard features of the 340-lb. Habitat truck topper are a cantilevered, insulated sleeping platform with carpeted walls and built-in mattresses, a built-in awning to cover the entrance, and aluminum composite construction.
The t0pper is normally clear-coated aluminum, with an all-season Nemo Equipment tent that requires no additional rainfly, they start at $10,000, and they are all built to order. Jeep went further with their build, adding a wood-lined interior, ambient lighting, a refrigerator, and stove, along with hanging storage racks, built-in seats, and a table.
Inside the cab, the outdoor theme continues with what’s described as dark smoke blue leather with orange stitching, and plaid flannel seat inserts.
On the outside, Farout is coated in Earl, which we assume is short for Earl Gray, if you’re into teas, with chartreuse accents, chartreuse being that greenish-yellow liqueur made from brandy and herbs. A Jeep Performance Products two-inch lift kit, Fox shocks, Fifteen52 wheels, Falken Wildpeak 37-inch mud-terrain tires, a Gladiator Rubicon bumper modified to accommodate a 12,000-lb. Warn winch, IPF driving lights, and custom rock rails. There’s also a roof rack to haul more gear that won’t otherwise fit inside.
Farout isn’t in reference to some CBD product, but instead to the extended range provided by the turbocharged 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine, in excess of 425 miles. Available in the Wrangler and Gladiator, the EcoDiesel is rated at 260 HP and 442 lb.-ft. of torque. The added torque, horsepower, and fuel economy, 28 MPG highway, comes with minimal noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels.
While there’s no electric hot dog grill aboard this rig like there is on another of the Jeep concept vehicles, I don’t think I’d complain if Jeep was to loan me the Farout for an extended overland test.
[Images: Jeep, AT Overland]
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Probert For around $15 you can have a professional check important safety areas - seems like a bargain. It pointed to a rear brake problem on my motorcycle. It has probably saved a lot of lives. But, like going to a dentist, no-one could say it is something they look forward to. (Well maybe a few - it takes all kinds...)
- VoGhost ICE is so dangerous.
- Akear Back as early as 2014 Ford was building some pretty decent vehicles. The Ford Fusion was getting good reviews and selling around 300,000 annually. The Mark MKZ was also the top selling US luxury car at the time in sales. My Ford Fusion is approaching the 200,000 mile mark, while current Fords blow gaskets at 40,000 miles.
- Kjhkjlhkjhkljh kljhjkhjklhkjh yes ; required with non-federal legal penalties for deliberate violation https://imageio.forbes.com/blogs-images/trevornace/files/2015/12/smog-surrounds-beijing-1200x899.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
- 28-Cars-Later "Honda and Acura haven’t yet released an EV in the United States"Ok..."The 2024 ZDX rides on GM’s Ultium Platform and will feature Google built-in services. "Waht?
Jeep is getting a solid-axle competition http://bremachusa.com/models/bremach-4x4-suv-line/
Link is broken. You mean UAZ?