Jeep Unveils Concepts For Easter Jeep Safari
March 19th, 2015 1:21 PM Share
The latest crop of Jeep concepts for the Easter Jeep Safari have dropped. My favorite is the Wrangler Africa, which should finally settle the question of whether it’s worth lusting after the Land Rover Defender when we get the Wrangler (my own feeling is “no”, but tell me why I’m wrong.
Aside from the 2 inch lift and Dana 44 axles, there’s a 2.8L diesel engine under the the hood.
A close second is the “Chief”, which pays tribute to the 1970’s full-size Jeeps. Like the Africa, it has the lift kit, axles and Fox shocks, along with a 3.6L Pentastar V6.
For me, the combination of a modern chassis and classic looks is hard to surpass. But I’ve also only ever known fuel injection, power brakes and 5-star crash test ratings.
Published March 19th, 2015 1:21 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 35 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kwik_Shift Instead of blacked, how about chromed? Don't follow the herd.
- Carlson Fan Nicest looking dash/gage cluster ever put in any PU truck. After all these years it still looks so good.
- Wheatridger Correct me if I'm wrong, but has the widescreen digital dash usurped the space formerly occupied in every other car by an HVAC vent? I see one prominent vent well right of center, where there should be two. I rely on twin driver's side vents to warm my hands on cold mornings, and I wouldn't give that up for more screen area.
- Dawn Maple They haven't even fixed the airbag issues and recalls completely, so why waste more time and money on another "safety feature" that removes choices from the driver? We would be safer getting in a car driven by Helen Keller. Oh wait with driver assist, all she has to do is find her car and turn it on.
- Lorenzo I'm out. I'd never find it in the dark.
Is the Africa a 3-row Wrangler?
Plain jane steel wheels! What is old is new again. Soon there will be dog dish hubcaps for the steelies...