Little Lotus Lands a British Heavyweight for CEO
September 14th, 2018 10:52 AM Share
In its quest to gain a loftier status among the sporty, well-to-do set, Lotus Cars spent the year poaching talent from other British automakers. China’s Geely, which holds a majority stake in the automaker, is
Published September 14th, 2018 11:00 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 15 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SCE to AUX I charge at home 99% of the time, on a Level 2 charger I installed myself in 2012 for my Leaf. My house is 1967, 150-Amp service, gas dryer and furnace; everything else is electric with no problems. I switched from gas HW to electric HW last year, when my 18-year-old tank finally failed.I charge at a for-pay station maybe a couple times a year.I don't travel more than an hour each way in my Ioniq 1 EV, so I don't deal much with public chargers. Despite a big electric rate increase this year, my car remains ridiculously cheap to operate.
- ToolGuy 38:25 to 45:40 -- Let's all wait around for the stupid ugly helicopter. 😉The wheels and tires are cool, as in a) carbon fiber is a structural element not decoration and b) they have some sidewall.Also like the automatic fuel adjustment (gasoline vs. ethanol).(Anyone know why it's more powerful on E85? Huh? Huh?)
- Ja-GTI So, seems like you have to own a house before you can own a BEV.
- Kwik_Shift Good thing for fossil fuels to keep the EVs going.
- Carlson Fan Meh, never cared for this car because I was never a big fan of the Gen 1 Camaro. The Gen 1 Firebird looked better inside and out and you could get it with the 400.The Gen 2 for my eyes was peak Camaro as far as styling w/those sexy split bumpers! They should have modeled the 6th Gen after that.
In its prime Lotus had no heavy weights (as CEOs or elsewhere). Now it seems its will be heavy weights at the top and on the road.
"He’s also no stranger to SUVs — a segment Lotus wants a piece of" Really? It was depressing as Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley and even the august Rolls-Royce jumped into that segment to produce flabby bolides that only the Russian Mafia, Saudi princes and NBA players support. Lotus is/was all about Chapman's famous quote "First add lightness" - clearly not something an SUV is likely to have.