What's Wrong With This Picture: Surveillance In The Age Of Taurus Edition
Like the song says, I always feel like… somebody’s watching me. But rarely are they as obvious as this old Taurus I spotted north of Columbus, Ohio over the weekend.
What’s going on here, B&B?
Are these radar guns? Automated number plate readers? Illuminati mind-control devices? And what are they doing on a decade-old Taurus with rust on the rear quarter-panels, driven by some indifferent-looking twenty-something in the traditional Ohio white-trash uniform of sunglasses and backwards ballcap?
Honestly, they don’t look like any radar guns or plate readers I’ve ever seen. But I expect that a TTAC reader will know what’s going on here. Is this being done for profit? It seems unlikely that a municipality would sell a vehicle with the mystery devices still attached.
So let’s hear your theories, B&B — and I’ll keep researching the topic myself to find out more. I’d have found out something from the driver of the Taurus, but once he realized I was photographing him he managed to make an unexpected left turn and quit the scene.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- El scotto My iPhone gets too hot while using the wireless charging in my BMW. One more line on why someone is a dumbazz list?
- Buickman yeah, get Ron Fellows each time I get a Vette. screw Caddy.
- Dusterdude The Detroit 2.5 did a big disservice by paying their CEO’s so generously ( overpaying them ) It is a valid talking point for for the union ) However , the bottom line - The percentage of workers in the private sector who have a defined benefit pension plan is almost non existent - and the reason being is it’s unaffordable ! . This is a a huge sticking point as to have lower tier workers join would be prohibitive ( aside from other high price demands being requested - ie >30% wage gain request ) . Do the math - can a company afford to pay employees for 35 years , followed by funding a pension for a further 30 years ?
- El scotto Human safety driver? Some on here need a human safety thinker.
- Carlson Fan Stupid vehicle, that can't do any of the things a truck should be able to do. If I want something fast/quick and sporty I'll get a corvette or a 4 dr sport sedan. Taking a truck & neutering it to try and make it into something it's not is just pointless. But maybe that's the point of this road disaster