2017 Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe Officially Official
Mercedes-AMG took the wrapper off its dual-flavored C63 AMG Coupe on Wednesday — and to quote the great Denny Green: “They are who we thought they were.”
The Affalterbach duo was shown online after weeks of teases and official photo “leaks” two days ago. The only surprise left were the official specs of the coupes, which were close to what many people predicted.
The C63 “normal” will boast 476 horsepower and 479 pounds-feet of torque, while the C63 S will bump up to 510 hp and 516 pounds-feet of twist. Earlier estimates, based on the C63 sedan, were pegged 6 and 7 horsepower fewer, respectively. And curb weight, provided you’re a 150-pound human, with 15 pounds of cargo and nearly a full tank of fuel (I love how specific Mercedes can be) is 3,968 pounds for the C63 and 3,935 for the C63 S. (Unladen, the C63 and C63 S is 3,802 pounds and 3,769 pounds, respectively.)
The hood of the C63 is 2.3 inches longer than a regular C-Class coupe, and the performance coupe will be shod with 255 millimeter tires up front, and impossibly wide 285s in back.
Mercedes-AMG says the C63 will manage 26 mpg in combined fuel economy and will be available for purchase in March 2016. The car will be shown to the public next month at the Frankfurt Auto Show.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- VoGhost Jeff, My comment was meant to note Tesla's dominant position in the market. Kwik_Shift, I own a Model 3.
- NormSV650 You forgot to mention this is not a ground EV but based on Volvo CMA ICE platform. Which is also shared with XC40 and Polestar 2. So it may be a few years old now and not cutting edge as other EV's.
- Peter E. Puffington IV EBFlex puffs peters
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys for that money, it had better be built by people listening to ABBA
- Abrar Very easy and understanding explanation about brake paint
The C-class is a beautiful car. This will be awesome for people who can't afford an S or E coupe. ...or rich midgets like Peter Dinklage.
The weight of cars is getting completely out of hand. I had an early E that was about 1000 pounds lighter than this model. Times have changed. I like the looks of the C class overall.