NAIAS 2015: Mercedes GLE450 AMG Coupe First AMG Sport Model
Those who love the AMG badge, yet aren’t ready to take the plunge, now have the Mercedes GLE450 AMG to consider [Live photos now available – CA].
The first model from the new AMG Sport line, the crossover is powered by a re-tuned 3-liter turbo V6 derived from the standard GLE. The tuning brings out 362 horsepower and 384 lb-ft of torque, which is funnelled to all corners — the rear corners receiving the most power — through a nine-speed automatic. Nought to 60 comes in 4.9 seconds, 0.7 seconds slower than the V8-powered Mercedes-AMG GLE63 S.
Other features include: adaptive sport suspension; five drive modes, including a mode based on the driver’s own preferences; 21-inch wheels with 22-inch wheels optional; and an assortment of interior trims, from black plastic to wood or aluminum.
Price of admission was not released at this time, but deliveries are expected to begin later this summer.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy Seems pretty reasonable to me. (Sorry)
- Luke42 When I moved from Virginia to Illinois, the lack of vehicle safety inspections was a big deal to me. I thought it would be a big change.However, nobody drives around in an unsafe car when they have the money to get their car fixed and driving safely.Also, Virginia's inspection regimine only meant that a car was safe to drive one day a year.Having lived with and without automotive safety inspections, my confusion is that they don't really matter that much.What does matter is preventing poverty in your state, and Illinois' generally pro-union political climate does more for automotive safety (by ensuring fair wages for tradespeople) than ticketing poor people for not having enough money to maintain their cars.
- ToolGuy When you are pulled over for speeding, whether you are given a ticket or not should depend on how attractive you are.Source: My sister 😉
- Kcflyer What Toyota needs is a true full size body on frame suv to compete with the Expedition and Suburban and their badge engineered brethren. The new sequoia and LX are too compromised in capacity by their off road capabilities that most buyers will never use.
- ToolGuy Rock crushes scissors, scissors cut paper, paper covers rock, and drywall dents sheet metal.
Truthfully, on paper, this is in the range and performance ballpark of something I would consider purchasing. But....I wouldn't. Mercedes isn't always high on my list and this car to me has some odd lines and still mixed opinion on the front grill. I bet it would be fun to drive, but I suspect it is heavy and I suspect the price for entry is too high for what it is. I'll definitely look forward to a review.
Why does it say coupe in the headline?