Paris 2014: Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 Unveiled
Lamborghini has joined Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren in the hybrid hypercar game with one of its own, the Asterion LPI 910-4.
This particular PHEV has its power fed to all four corners through three electric motors and one 5.2-liter V10 delivering 910 horsepower through a seven-speed dual-clutch auto. The V10 and one of the motors sit behind said transmission — with the electric in between the two — while the remaining electrics drive the front end. Nil to 60 is Aventador-level at 3 seconds flat, and tops out at 199 mph (78 mph in electric-only mode).
The hypercar also hits Prius levels of efficiency, delivering 56 mpg in the combined European test cycle; your mileage may vary. Further, the first 30 miles can be run on electric alone, with options of using all four engines or just the V10 available at the driver’s disposal.
Though it is on par with the 918 Spyder, LaFerrari and P1, the Asterion is more of a grand tourer than a track monster, with a bigger greenhouse and higher driver position than the other three PHEVs. The car also boasts a carbon fiber monocoque for less weight, though Lamborghini hasn’t said how much the Asterion weighs. The automaker adds that the concept was built with every component and technology available in-house, meaning production could start tomorrow if the lords of Sant’Agata wanted.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos Before you rush to buy this heap of rusty metal, maybe you should wait a day or two.I hear Tim will have an Model T next time.
- Redapple2 I d just buy one already sorted. Too many high level skills (wiring, paint, body panel fitment et. al.) that i dont have. And I dont fancy working 100 s of hours for $3 /hour.
- 28-Cars-Later I'm actually surprised at this and not sure what to make of it. In recent memory Senator Biden has completely ignored an ecological disaster in Ohio, and then ignored a tragic fire in Hawaii until his handlers were goaded in sending him and his visit turned into it's own disaster, but we skipped nap time for this sh!t show? Seriously? We really are through the looking glass now, "votes" no longer matter (Hillary almost won being the worst presidential candidate since 1984 before he claimed the crown) and outside of Corvette nostalgia Joe doesn't care let alone know what day it happens to be. Could they really be afraid of Trump, who AFAIK has planned no appearance or run his mouth on this issue? Just doesn't make sense, granted this is Clown World so maybe its my fault for trying to find sense in a senseless act.
- Tassos If you only changed your series to the CORRECT "Possibly Collectible, NOT Daily Driver, NOT Used car of the day", it would sound much more accurate AND TRUTHFUL.Now who would collect THIS heap of trash for whatever misguided reason, nostalgia for a much worse automotive era or whatever, is another question.
- ToolGuy Price dropped $500 overnight. (Wait 10 more days and you might get it for free?)