2015 HSV GTS Maloo Ute Officially Unveiled
Last month, Holden Special Vehicles announced plans for the most brutal ute to ever be assembled as a send-off to the Holden Commodore Ute before all local production draws to a close in 2017.
This is that ute: The 2015 HSV GTS Maloo.
The limited edition ute pulls from the same parts bin used to create the equally limited and powerful GTS Sedan, based upon the Commodore sedan. This includes the 6.2-liter supercharged LSA V8 — capable of dropping 577 horsepower and a near-equal 546 lb-ft of tree-removing torque out behind the bed — lightweight six-piston calipers mounted to 15- and 14-inch two-piece rotors, and torque vectoring. Power will be directed to the rear 20-inch wheels through a TR6060 (MG9 spec) six-speed twin-clutch manual or optional 6L90E six-speed auto.
At the ready inside, the owner can adjust the GTS Maloo’s electronic stability, torque vectoring, launch control and more through the HSV Driver Preference Dial, while HUD, lane-departure and performance systems provide the driver with the data and safety they might need.
Two colors — a bronze/red and an iridescent olive green — and two leather trims — dubbed Onyx and Red Hot, respectively — round out the looks in addition to the GTS’s aggressive face.
Only 250 will be built — 10 of which are heading over to nearby New Zealand — with production and availability due by November of this year. Price of admission will likely be around $79,000 USD.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto As we Tesla owners receive our life energy from the greatest son of the gods of all time, Elon Musk; His cherubs and His nephilim may remove whatever they wish from us for unto him we owe all for our superiority above all the rest of humanity.
- Kcflyer Nice to see California giving NY some competition to be the worst run state in the union.
- Wolfwagen I see my comment was deleted (BTW nice way to censor) so i will say it again:GTFO here with the pseudo "wealth distribution" BS. A crime is a crime is a crime.Its a slippery slope, what happens next, Jail a rich guy when he kills a pedestrian and let the poor guy who kills a pedestrian walk? What about if the poor guy is a crappy driver and has the record to prove it then what?Or we could go crazy and just institute the death penalty across the board for every driving infraction. That will make people better drivers or stop driving altogether which will make the greenies happy (damm it I just gave them an idea - SOB!!!)
- Wolfwagen No. Bring back the J80 with an inline six and reduced electronics (i.e. no giant touch screen) and they will probably sell like hotcakes
- David S. " test vehicles sometimes make sudden stops when uncertain about how to navigate traffic."??? Test vehicles are programmed by humans, HUMANS sometimes make sudden stops when uncertain about how to navigate traffic, Duh!!
A lot of hp to burn rubber, but really 80gs! Kind of silly.
Too bad they chopped the back half off that awesome HSV GTS sedan. Utes are weird. They combine the worst aspects of the sedan and the pickup. I can't understand why people like them so much.