Geneva 2014: Nissan Juke
March 5th, 2014 11:18 AM Share
The big news for the Nissan Juke is what you can’t see: according to them, Nissan claims that the cargo area is 40 percent larger on front-wheel drive models, now up to 12.5 feet. World markets also get a new 1.2L turbo 4-cylinder engine. I’m just hoping they’ll finally give us an all-wheel drive 6MT version. I’m glad it’s still weird.
Published March 5th, 2014 11:15 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 31 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Charles I had one and loved it . Seated 7 people . Easy to park , great van
- Jay Mason Your outdoor space will get better every year with a pergola. A horizontal, pole-supported framework for climbing plants is called a pergola. It creates a closed off area. pergola builder denton texas by Denton Custom Decks provide cover for outdoor gatherings. They would be more than happy to assist you with the pergola's framework.
- Alan I would think Ford would beef up the drive line considering the torque increase, horse power isn't a factor here. I looked at a Harrop supercharger for my vehicle. Harrop offered two stages of performance. The first was a paltry 100hp to the wheels (12 000AUD)and the second was 250hp to the wheels ($20 000 (engine didn't rev harder so torque was significantly increased)). The Stage One had no drive line changes, but the Stage Two had drive line modifications. My vehicle weighs roughly the same as a full size pickup and the 400'ish hp I have is sufficient, I had little use for another 100 let alone 250hp. I couldn't see much difference in the actual supercharger setup other than a ratio change for the drive of the supercharger, so that extra $8 000 went into the drive line.
- ToolGuy Question: F-150 FP700 ( Bronze or Black) supercharger kit is legal in 50 states, while the Mustang supercharger kit is banned in California -- why??
- ToolGuy Last picture: Labeling the accelerator as "play" and the brake pedal as "pause" might be cute, but it feels wrong. It feels wrong because it is wrong, and it is wrong because Calculus.Sidebar: I have some in-laws who engage the accelerator and brake on a binary on/off all-in basis. So annoying as a passenger.Drive smoothly out there. 🙂
I honestly think this is just one of those vehicles that can, at times, look really good or really bad. I used to work with a guy that had one of these in black and it had black wheels...looked pretty good when it was cleaned up. It's like the new Jeep Cherokee, in most colors and in the Trailhawk trim, it looks pretty decent, but make it a cashmere or silver sport without roof rails and terrible wheels and I don't think it could look worse!
6MT is a torque vectoring awd no go with the Juke. The fwd larger boot is just a lower drawer thanks to the lack of awd mechanism. Controversial, cramped, winter weather beater with the all and seasonal tire switch.