2015 Hyundai Sonata Revealed
March 23rd, 2014 11:13 PM Share
Hyundai unveiled the Korean market Sonata in Seoul, while the North American spec version gets its debut in New York next month.
The 2015 Sonata uses 30 percent more advanced high-strength steel features the kind of tech that is proliferating in the mid-size segment: Advanced Smart Cruise Control, blind spot and lane departure systems, a hands-free trunk, and knee airbags. The new car is nearly 1.4 inches longer and 1.2 inches wider.
We’ll likely see a 2.4-liter GDi with 190 hp, 182 lb-ft of torque as well as a 2.0T powertrain. A Sport model (like the Chrysler 200S and Honda Accord Sport) is also coming. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and six-speed automatic.
Published March 23rd, 2014 11:05 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 43 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Adamscotthi Thanks a lot for article!
- MaintenanceCosts This class of car competes hard with Chargers/Challengers and modded diesel pickups for the douchey-driving crown.
- 28-Cars-Later Corey - I think I am going to issue a fatwa demanding a cool kids car meetup in July somewhere in the Ohio region.
- Master Baiter Might as well light 50 $100 bills on fire.
- Mike1041 At $300K per copy they may secure as much as 2 or 3 deposits of $1,000
I recently bought a 2014 Elantra.....granted it is the first new car I've purchased in 14 years, but I really like it. For 18,400 it was good value for the money.
What is with the missing chrome slats in the middle of the grille?