NAIAS 2013: Toyota Furia Previews The Corolla
January 16th, 2013 5:53 PM Share
Is the era of beige finally over? This concept is supposedly a preview of the new Corolla, due in 2014 – and it’s far more striking than the JDM version reviewed by our own BS.
Published January 16th, 2013 11:23 AM
3 of 50 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tre65688381 Let's face it, aside from the romanticized, visceral sounds of a robust V8/V10/V12, many if us appreciate raw torque and power enough that if our preferred poison is adequately met (track, drag, street, canyon carver, etc) we don't care whether it runs on liquid or current. The batteries just can't ruin the dynamics or the practical range.That said, I would still really miss the sound of a V8 bubble at start up, and at wide open throttle, yet would feel silly piping it into my electric car. Like an adult version of a baseball card in the bike spokes.
- Inside Looking Out EVs also have low center of gravity. I prefer the silence of nuclear thermal rocket in outer space.
- ToolGuy Pavement and dirt are fundamentally different, and if I were interested in going off road as a hobby, I would have a dedicated vehicle and not try to do two things with one vehicle.(18mpg EPA rating - I wonder what the typical customer's Observed number will be.)
- FreedMike Say what you want about Lee Iacocca but he was a master at milking platforms. If I had to choose between this and an Eldorado I’d have to take both.
- FreedMike “Tanner Lee Hellbusch” is the best perp name I’ve heard in some time. Props to the police for this!