New Nissan Cube Hits Autoblogosphere
Elloh7 on Nov 18, 2008
The fit has competition in this thing? Hm. Maybe. This seems aimed at the "I wanna be cute and functional" demographic, and the fit seems aim at the "I wanna be frugal and functional" demographic. Give me a fit over this any day. Leave the boxes with wheels in the 1980s, please thanks.
David C. Holzman on Nov 18, 2008
I'm not sure what I think. I love the original xB, always did. But this thing reminds me of the Element. I loved it when it came out, and gradually I came to dislike it. Very ugly face, and Pontiac-inspired cladding. There is something very strange about the styling on this cube and I'm not sure it will wear well for me.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Johnster Not feelin' it. The traditional unreliability of turbo engines is a big turn-off, especially in a work truck that (I hope) you'd want to keep on the road for 200,000 miles or more without having major repairs.
- ToolGuy Car audio is way overpriced.
- Marty S The original Charger was a 2 door, as was the landmark 68 model. Its funny that some younger commenters are surprised that its not a four door. I never understood why modern Chargers have been four door sedans. I think the best looking Charger was the 68, absolutely perfect in its lines and proportions. This concept really emulates that and I think I think it looks great.
- Master Baiter The D-bag elites like Al Gore demanding that we all switch to EVs are the type of people who don't actually drive. They get chauffeured around in black Yukon Denalis. Tesla does have a good charging network--maybe someday they will produce a car that doesn't suck.
- MRF 95 T-Bird As a Challenger GT awd owner I lIke it’s heritage inspired styling a lot. There’s a lot of 66-67 as well as 68-70 Charger in there. It’s refreshing that it doesn’t look like a blob like Tesla, Volt/Bolt, Mach-e BMW I whatever etc. The fact that it’s a hatch makes it even better as a everyday driver thus eliminating the need for a CUV. If it’s well built and has a reliable track record I can see trading up to it in a few years.