Used Car of the Day: 2007 Toyota F Cruiser TRD Manual
We at TTAC hope you're enjoying this new "used car of the day" feature. Remember, it's not meant to sell the cars, just to get you guys talking about some cool cars for sale -- even if that means you mocking a pick.
And for us older Millennials, one of the cooler vehicles of our generation was the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Divisive looks aside, it was a bad-ass off-roader available with three pedals. I spent a good chunk of my 20s wanting one.
Now, for about the price of a new Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla, I could finally take one home. I won't, for a variety of reasons, mostly related to my bank account, but the option is available.
And believe me, this one tempts. I also liked the Acura RSX back in the day, but I wouldn't have bought the one featured here a few days ago -- too much work needed. In this case, though, the owner claims no real issues beyond some minor cosmetic imperfections. The mileage is 142K, so a bit high, but not surprising given the rig's age. The driver claims he or she only does 8K miles per year, but that must be an average since the 8K miles per year for 15 years works out to 120K miles.
The presence of a stick-shift makes this FJ at least 10 percent more desirable. Save the manuals, and all that.
There are also the TRD performance bits. One major mechanical issue to note -- the control arms have been replaced, along with the battery and alternator.
I rarely want to buy any of the vehicles featured here. I make picks based on what I think you guys will like to argue about. But this one made me pause. Buy it, so I don't have to.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dusterdude @SCE to AUX , agree CEO pay would equate to a nominal amount if split amongst all UAW members . My point was optics are bad , both total compensation and % increases . IE for example if Mary Barra was paid $10 million including merit bonuses , is that really underpaid ?
- ToolGuy "At risk of oversimplification, a heat pump takes ambient air, compresses it, and then uses the condenser’s heat to warm up the air it just grabbed from outside."• This description seems fairly dramatically wrong to me.
- SCE to AUX The UAW may win the battle, but it will lose the war.The mfrs will never agree to job protections, and production outsourcing will match any pay increases won by the union.With most US market cars not produced by Detroit, how many people really care about this strike?
- El scotto My iPhone gets too hot while using the wireless charging in my BMW. One more line on why someone is a dumbazz list?
- Buickman yeah, get Ron Fellows each time I get a Vette. screw Caddy.