Used Car of the Day: 1982 Dodge Rampage Project Car(s)
We had a project-ready Ford Thunderbird last week, and today we're featuring a 1982 Dodge Rampage that needs some work. Actually, two of them.
Six-thousand dollars get you in the door. The seller says the Rampage that's pictured being worked on in a garage is in better shape than the other, which appears to be a parts car. The "better" truck has a new carburetor and runs. There are also new parts, still in the box, available. These include a new fuel tank, rear struts, and rear springs.
Still, it needs work. The floor can be stood on but is not done, and there are no brakes. Repeat, there are no brakes. So you will be trailering this one home.
Well, it needs a gas tank, anyway.
Buy this one, and the seller recommends buying the second as a parts donor.
If you're a weekend wrench, give this one a look.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jalop1991 I expected a COMPLETELY different article.
- Jalop1991 so, inserting using a public resource is more expensive that plugging into a home resource?Gee, who'd'a thunk it. Certainly not the Bunny Ranch, right?
- Sgeffe The 1990-1991 Honda Accord in Hampshire Green Pearl.
- Cprescott I'm sure the Kia/Hyundai haters will find something snide to say about the brands but this once again proves the high and mighty Honduh is not immune to issues. Take that and tailgate with it, Honduh drivers!
- Bullnuke Chief Transition Officer, eh? And the term "Lean Manufacturing" being spoken... Is that the sound of the headsman's axe being ground sharp that I hear in the background? Brings back memories of the late '00s at my old OEM coatings plant.
Rusty and not so trusty.
My '82 Rampage, in a barn, appears to be in better shape than what's shown. Loved driving the thing (4 sp manual) though I learned later it's a death trap. Any head-on wreck you're a gonner. Other than that...any offers? : )