Toyota GR Corolla Leaked Ahead of Official Debut
Launching a new vehicle under embargo must be a stressful endeavor for all those who are involved on the OEM side.
Take the Toyota GR Corolla. The brand has been so careful to build up interest via teases, and has plans to take the wraps off tonight — and it all got spoiled by some careless management of the company’s consumer Web site.
We’ll write up the official unveil tomorrow, but the key specs and features should match what the leak reveals. That means the car will have a 1.6-liter turbo-four (UPDATE: It’s probably a three-cylinder. My bad.) with 300 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque, a six-speed “intelligent” stick (we’re not sure what that means — maybe rev-matching?), all-wheel drive with a torque split that can range from 50/50 to 30/70 (percent) front to rear, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, front and rear Torsen limited-slip differentials, three drive modes (normal, sport, and track), functional exterior vents for aerodynamics and cooling, a different gauge cluster, a forged carbon-fiber roof, a vented hood, matte black 18-inch wheels, and Ultrasuede and synthetic leather-trimmed seats.
Expect to see those same specs and more listed when the actual wraps come off. For now, gaze upon the car in all its unhidden glory.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Gregtwelve While Sichuan managed to avoid the nationwide energy rationing witnessed in 2021, attributed to a lack of coalWe have plenty of coal. Let's sell them something for a change. And let us not forget that historically the Chinese hate the Japanese for what they did in WW2, so that might have something to do with it.
- Jkross22 A toenail in every pot.
- SCE to AUX If the plant had been powered by internal combustion, this wouldn't have happened. The entire plant is just a toy for the rich.
- Jkross22 Gotta give the auto industry trollups some props - trying to guilt their johns into giving a bigger tip. Hilarious! Can't ever say Mary Barra doesn't have a helluva sense of humor.
- SCE to AUX No, until the Board of Directors decides otherwise.Same with sports figures and actors. Don't like it? Then quit buying the product.