2021 Hyundai LGBTQ Partnership Announced
Hyundai’s support for the LGBTQ community continues. Announced today, it includes a new commercial, and sponsorships of the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards and 2021 Outfest Fusion QTBIPOC Film Festival.
“At Hyundai, we place a high value on inclusion and diversity and are proud to partner with organizations that fight for LGBTQ rights every day,” said Angela Zepeda, CMO, Hyundai Motor America. “It is important for us to support this community from both a consumer and employee perspective. Hyundai has achieved a 100 percent score in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for five consecutive years.”
Lauren Neal, 2020 Hyundai Emerging Director award winner, and Canyon Road Films, an LGBTQ-owned production company, worked with Hyundai to develop the commercial Chosen Family, a :60 spot. The commercial demonstrates how families can be who they choose, and it honors the LGBTQ community. The commercial will play at Outfest, the GLAAD Media Awards, and NewFest on-site, and at virtual-streaming events.
The 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, which took place on April 8th, celebrated the media’s portrayal of LGBTQs in a way that’s fair, accurate, and inclusive. The Awards can be screened on YouTube and Hulu, thanks to Hyundai. Hyundai’s partnership included digital branding, and inclusion of the new Tucson in CHIKA’s musical performance. GLAAD Media Award winner for outstanding breakthrough music artist, CHICKA performed “FWB” and “Save You”.
Hyundai is also the official automotive sponsor of the 2021 Outfest Fusion QTBIPOC Film Festival. The virtual and drive-in festival brings Los Angeles’ diverse populations together. The festival takes place from April 16-20, 2021 online and at Exposition Park in Los Angeles. The festival is a safe place and platform where LGBTQ artists of color can express themselves, professionally and personally. Hyundai’s partnership includes digital branding and a socially-distanced on-site experience. Additionally, Hyundai will present its 2021 Hyundai Emerging Director Award to another deserving filmmaker. The winner gets to direct Hyundai’s 2022 LGBTQ spot with an experienced production team and Hyundai funding.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
I believe Nelson Mandella is credited with the following: "Our World is not divided by race, color, gender, or religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender or religion" Let that sink in and look at those that divide by race, color, gender or religion It kind of speaks volumes about the current state of local, state, national and world affairs
Men are women who can clean up in women's sports - because communism. :-/