Mystery Mustang Appears in New Ford Ad
Ford Motor Company dropped its first Bryan Cranston-filled “Built Ford Proud” commercial today, offering the Breaking Bad alumnus an opportunity to cast aspersions at the company’s rivals, including industry startups. It’s filled with Ted Talk-bashing, futurespeak-trashing bravado linked together with a thread of get ‘er done, implying that talk is cheap, and real progress takes hard work.
You can count on Ford to build the future — that’s the message here.
Halfway through the ad, a 1960s Mustang blasting through a desert landscape morphs into a contemporary model, then morphs again into something else. But what is it?
Our worst fear was that this vehicle was the upcoming Mustang-inspired electric crossover. It’s a darkened shot at a distorted angle, but we can see that this vehicle’s face looks EV-only, swathed in plastic. A Mustang logo glows a color now synonymous with “green”: blue.
Surely Ford wouldn’t tempt civil unrest with a non-Mustang vehicle that actually bears a Mustang logo? Our minds raced. Will the Mustang become its own line? Is a Mustang X around the corner, or a Mustang EV X-Cross? Ford already ran into heated opposition when it announced the upcoming vehicle as the Mach 1 back in January.
More by Steph Willems
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Buickman Stop the Invasion. Boycott Envision.I am the top Buick salesman in history, bar none.have never sold this Commie Car and will not until they are built stateside.BuickmanFounderGeneralWatch.com
- SCE to AUX Nice car for a nice price. I'd replace the headlights.
- Fred Of course they will retaliate. Expect things to worse before they get better.
- GBJT I think there are still non-turbo cars.
- Slavuta US has created a game called "Free trade" and bashed any country that in US's view somehow interfered with that. Now that countries learned how to beat US at its own game, US does what? - right. smashes the board,