Take a Wild Guess What This Means
General Motors enlivened the perpetually grim Twitterscape Wednesday with a tweet depicting what Corey Lewis calls a “pure trust fund” gentleman wearing natty duds. After the initial discussion surrounding the nature of the tweet, your author, Chris Tonn, and Lewis attempted to pin down the particular hue of this fellow’s outerwear.
Celery. Pistachio pudding. 1960s motel bathroom. All applicable.
But wait, that wasn’t the purpose of the tweet! Surely this can’t have something to do with a gaping hole in the Chevrolet brand’s crossover lineup?
Yes, it looks like we’re due for an imminent unveiling of, what else, the upcoming Chevrolet Blazer. Slotted between the downsized Equinox and full-size Traverse in Chevy’s diverse utility stable, the vehicle — which GM hasn’t officially called the Blazer, at least not yet — will be a sibling to the midsize GMC Acadia. Expect similar engine offerings (2.5-liter four, 3.6-liter V6) when it arrives, motivating either the front or all four wheels.
As we’ve published spy shots of this 2019 model year vehicle before, we’ll do it again, just to whet your appetite for volume crossovers with heritage monikers. Don’t blame us if you’re offended by the reused name.
[Images: General Motors/ Twitter, Brian Williams/Spiedbilde]
More by Steph Willems
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lachlan Anyone remember what happened the last time a senator named Hawley pushed a big tariff?
- Craiger I love the people who call Musk an imbecile. As if they could even get an interview for a job at one of his companies.
- Lou_BC I'm waiting for Tesla to make a pickup!
- Lou_BC Autograph? Turn Up the Radio?
- Oberkanone Were these available with diesel?At $3700 this Volvo presents nicer than other vehicles I see at this asking price.