This is Not a Second-Generation Honda Crosstour
But it sure does look like one.
Honda Europe announced Wednesday that the Civic Hatchback Prototype will debut at the Geneva Auto Show on March 1. The hatch — which is likely a production car with fancy mirrors, rocket ship door handles and a dual center exhaust — will go into production in the United Kingdom next year and be exported to North America.
The latest Civic concept will preview “the exterior design of the all-new hatchback model, scheduled for a European launch in early 2017,” said Honda. Expect it to use the same naturally aspirated 2-liter engine and turbocharged 1.5-liter engine as the sedan and coupe, and also be the basis of the next Civic Type R.
It really does look like a squished Crosstour, though.
More by Mark Stevenson
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SilverCoupe I should be the potential audience for this (current A5 owner, considering an S5 in the future), but I can't say it excites me. I have never liked the vertical bars in the grilles of sporting Mercedes models, for one thing. The interior doesn't speak to me either.I would be more likely to consider a BMW 4 Series, though not the current version with the double Edsel grille. Still, I suppose it would be worth a look when the time comes to replace my current vehicle.
- Verbal Can we expect this model to help M-B improve on finishing 29th out of 30 brands in CR's recent reliability survey?
- Lou_BC I kept wanted to say "Book 'Em Danno" while looking at the photos of the Mercury but this car predate Hawaii Five - O by 3 years.
- 28-Cars-Later Someone finally remembered what a coupe is over at MBZ.
- 28-Cars-Later Pay more, get less!