Geneva 2015: 2016 Morgan Aero 8 Debuts
Simon Cowell may be upgrading his ride next year, now that the 2016 Morgan Aero 8 has hit the ramp at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show.
Moving the Aero 8 is a 4.8-liter BMW V8 delivering 367 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque to the back through either a six-speed manual or auto. Nil to 62 comes at 4.5 seconds, with the handbuilt all-aluminum roadster topping out at 170 mph.
The Aero 8’s standard soft top folds away in a rear-opening clamshell trunk, while the optional hard top easily turns the roadster into a coupe. Other features include real wood accents, detailed stitching in the leather, and components that would not look out of place in a much, much older roadster.
Production is set to begin Q4 2015, with an unknown limited amount expected to be produced.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Syke Is it possible to switch the pure EV drive on and off? Given the wonderful throttle response of an EV, I could see the desirability of this for a serious off-roader. Run straight ICE to get to your off-roading site, switch over the EV drive during the off-road section, then back to ICE for the road trip back home.
- ToolGuy Historical Perspective Moment:• First-gen Bronco debuted in MY1966• OJ Simpson Bronco chase was in 1994• 1966 to 1994 = 28 years• 1994 to now = 28 yearsFeel old yet?
- Ronnie Schreiber From where is all that electricity needed to power an EV transportation system going to come? Ironically, the only EV evangelist that I know of who even mentions the fragile nature of our electrical grid is Elon Musk. None of the politicians pushing EVs go anywhere near it, well, unless they are advocating for unreliable renewables like wind and solar.
- FreedMike I just don’t see the market here - I think about 1.2% of Jeep drivers are going to be sold on the fuel cost savings here. And the fuel cost savings are pretty minimal, per the EPA: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/PowerSearch.do?action=noform&path=1&year1=2022&year2=2022&make=Jeep&baseModel=Wrangler&srchtyp=ymm&pageno=1&rowLimit=50Annual fuel costs for this vehicle are $2200 and $2750 for the equivalent base turbo-four model. I don’t get it.
- FreedMike How about the “Aztek” package? Wait, this car already has that…Said it before and I’ll say it again: they need to restyle the hind end on this car, stat.