Geneva 2015: 2016 Morgan Aero 8 Debuts
Simon Cowell may be upgrading his ride next year, now that the 2016 Morgan Aero 8 has hit the ramp at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show.
Moving the Aero 8 is a 4.8-liter BMW V8 delivering 367 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque to the back through either a six-speed manual or auto. Nil to 62 comes at 4.5 seconds, with the handbuilt all-aluminum roadster topping out at 170 mph.
The Aero 8’s standard soft top folds away in a rear-opening clamshell trunk, while the optional hard top easily turns the roadster into a coupe. Other features include real wood accents, detailed stitching in the leather, and components that would not look out of place in a much, much older roadster.
Production is set to begin Q4 2015, with an unknown limited amount expected to be produced.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dartman It was all a scam just to gin up some free publicity. It worked. Tassos go back to sleep; no ones on your lawn. Real ‘murricans prefer hot dogs to gyros.
- ToolGuy I plan to install a sink in the crawl space soon. After that I plan to put washer and dryer hookups on my roof.
- ToolGuy "That power team adds an electric supercharger"YES!
- Cardave5150 UAW is acting all butt-hurt that their employers didn't "share the wealth" when they had massive profits. They conveniently forget that they have a CONTRACT with their employers, which was negotiated in good faith, and which the Remaining 3 are honoring, paying them exactly what they negotiated last time.
- Kwik_Shift That's a shame.