2015 Subaru WRX Teased Ahead of Los Angeles Show
Subaru will reveal the production 2015 WRX at the Los Angeles Auto Show later this month, after showing the concept at the New York Auto Show in the spring. In preparation for the LA show, Subaru has released this teaser image, showing the ‘Rex in ruby red.
Compared to the concept, which was shown in a more traditional WRX blue, the production car appears to be a bit toned down, but with that aggressive functional hood scoop, nobody will mistake it for a base Impreza.
No specifications or feature details have been released so far, but you can expect the same recipe that the WRX has had for a while, including a turbocharged boxer engine, all wheel drive and probably a manual transmission. It’s rumored that the performance versions of the Impreza, the 2015 WRX and the even higher performance STi, will only be offered as sedans.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy Seems pretty reasonable to me. (Sorry)
- Luke42 When I moved from Virginia to Illinois, the lack of vehicle safety inspections was a big deal to me. I thought it would be a big change.However, nobody drives around in an unsafe car when they have the money to get their car fixed and driving safely.Also, Virginia's inspection regimine only meant that a car was safe to drive one day a year.Having lived with and without automotive safety inspections, my confusion is that they don't really matter that much.What does matter is preventing poverty in your state, and Illinois' generally pro-union political climate does more for automotive safety (by ensuring fair wages for tradespeople) than ticketing poor people for not having enough money to maintain their cars.
- ToolGuy When you are pulled over for speeding, whether you are given a ticket or not should depend on how attractive you are.Source: My sister 😉
- Kcflyer What Toyota needs is a true full size body on frame suv to compete with the Expedition and Suburban and their badge engineered brethren. The new sequoia and LX are too compromised in capacity by their off road capabilities that most buyers will never use.
- ToolGuy Rock crushes scissors, scissors cut paper, paper covers rock, and drywall dents sheet metal.
It's all about the engine and suspension. Oh, and the hatch. I will never own another car without a hatch. My daily driver 09 Impreza is going strong, but this might tempt me. Will pick it up used if I can. Looking forward to the reveal.
Waiting to reserve judgment for the full reveal. The teaser image is more pleasant than I expected, and the front end is different enough from the regular Impreza. Happy to own a 2013 hatch... Hopefully they continue to offer it. Don't mess this up, Subaru.