BMW's M235i Revealed Via Leak
BMW’s replacement for the 1-Series has been revealed in its M form courtesy of leaked photos posted to an online forum after a dealer presentation, according the lads at Autocar.
The M235i seen in the photos is as how the smallest BMW will appear when the 2-Series debuts in showrooms next year, with the 220i and 220d filling out the ranks. The M variant will be driven by a turbocharged 3-liter I6, pushing 322 horses out the back door with 332 pounds of tree-pulling power from 0 to 60 in just under 5 seconds; top speed is 155 mph.
The 2-Series overall is longer than the 1-Series it will replace, providing more comfort and cargo room for potential buyers to consider. The collection has been engineered to accommodate both rear- and four-wheel drive, as well.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Drnoose Probably just cutting conservative talk radio off at the knees. They can’t beat it, so kill it one way of the other.
- Teddyc73 Looking forward to this. Hopefully it doesn't succomb to the leftist agenda and only come as an EV. If there is a gasoline version and a decent sized bed I'll consider this to replace my Ram 1500 when the day comes. Please let it be available in colors other than the same boring ones Ram has offered for years.
- Xidex i haven't even turned the dial to AM since the 90's I think at that time it was only because there is one station i liked was on the AM dial (it is no longer around) Someone had to point to the station otherwise i wouldn't have even scanned the AM dial. I still think the AM dial should be left on radios though, If no one listened to it then there wouldn't be any stations would there.
- Kwik_Shift I have five AM stations preset, each different from one another in terms of content. Some politics, some day to day, some do it yourselfing or help. Focus is more on local news and events. FM is just about pushing crap music and djs pushing the MSM message for their corporate overlords. FM is about making radio sound exactly the same all over North America. I like ONE FM station that plays different varieties of country music and has an entertaining dj. Overall, to each their own.
- Kat Laneaux What's the benefits of this as opposed to the Ford or Nissan. Will the mileage be better than the 19 city, 24 hwy? Will it cost less than the average of $60,000? Will it be a hybrid?
Umm, guys... have you seen how these cars are made? There is nothing cheap about a BMW... even the entry level ones are $$$. If you don't want to pay for one, don't buy one. Just stop the whining please. They are phenomenal cars and you know it ;)
Why axe the 1? Marketing is just running wild at BMW. I don't get it.