Paris 2012: Jaguar F-Type
September 26th, 2012 3:24 PM Share
This might be the first live shot of the Jaguar F-Type that isn’t taken on a blurry camera phone.
Here’s the important breakdown:
- A supercharged V6, making 340 or 380 horsepower and 332/339 lb-ft of torque, is available on the V6 or V6 S.
- A V8 S with a 495 horsepower/460 lb-ft supercharged engine is the next step up.
- Only an 8-speed automatic will be available at launch
- Pricing is rumored to start at just under $70,000, up to $100,000 for a V8 S.
- The V6 S gets a real mechanical LSD, while the V8 gets an electronic unit.
- 0-60 comes in at 4.2 seconds for the V8 S, 4.8 for the V6 S and 5.1 for the V6
Published September 26th, 2012 3:24 PM
Join the conversation
4 of 21 comments
70-100K? So... retail is 9k cheaper than an XK/XKR coupe? 15 less than the covertible? How does that make any sense? I thought this was supposed to be a much cheaper alternative to the XK. If that is the case, I'm not impressed. Make it 50-60k to 80k max and it will be much more appetizing and won't cannibalize the existing range.
It's so generic; a plus-size Miata.
At this price point won't it cut into XK convertible sales? If it was priced at 50-60k fine an entry level Jag roadster, something they needed for years.
Ya know what's kinda funny? Jaguar pontificating about its sports car roots then introducing a roadster weighing 3500+ lbs in base trim and doesn't give you the option of a manual or a dual clutch. And I also agree that the price point is too high. It'll be interesting to see how it sells. Give me a used Z4M coupe any day of the week.