The East Is Red
JAC is the Chinese company that caused worldwide, well, at least American indignation with a fake F 150. JAC will premiere something at the Beijing Auto Show that is not prima facie fake: A sports car. According to Carnewschina, JAC will show the JAC Heyue SC coupe, or what Carnewschina calls “the biggest surprise for the Beijing Auto Show.”
The car should be available this year from 200.000 yuan ($31,700). The 2.4 liter engine with 121kw (161 hp) sounds a little anemic. As for the branding – over to you, Carnewschina:
‘Heyue’ is best translated as ‘Harmony & Happiness’ and that indeed is a very interesting name for a sports car. The Heyue’s design is still sharp after three years, it seems JAC didn’t change much at all. The Heyue SC will compete only with the Brilliance BS6 Coupe and the BYD S8, but it is a much wilder looking thing than those two combined.”
I will be at the Beijing Auto Show and will bring you firsthand pictures. Maybe even of the fake F150, if it’s there.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MRF 95 T-Bird Back when the Corolla consisted of a wide range of body styles. This wagon, both four door and two door sedans, a shooting brake like three door hatch as well as a sports coupe hatchback. All of which were on the popular cars on the road where I resided.
- Wjtinfwb Jeez... I've got 3 Ford's and have been a defender due to my overall good experiences but this is getting hard to defend. Thinking the product durability testing that used to take months to rack up 100k miles or more is being replaced with computer simulations that just aren't causing these real-world issues to pop up. More time at the proving ground please...
- Wjtinfwb Looks like Mazda put more effort into sprucing up a moribund product than Chevy did with the soon to be euthanized '24 Camaro.
- Wjtinfwb I've seen worse on the highways around Atlanta, usually with a refrigerator or washer wedged into the trunk and secured with recycled twine...
- Wjtinfwb Surprising EB Flex hasn't weighed in yet on it being the subject of a recall...
It looks like the face i make right before throwing up
Is this my $14k reverse-engineered BRZ? No? Guess I'll keep waiting.