2012 Beijing Auto Show: What A Dragon
The Jeep was the first American car made in China through a joint venture. Somewhere along the way, Jeep lost it. Jeep is trying to get its moxie back with the “Dragon” design concept.
It is based on a China-market Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, black with bronze-gold details. 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with 35-inch off-road tires.
Chinese dragon character side badge and wheel center caps.
Bertel Schmitt comes back to journalism after taking a 35 year break in advertising and marketing. He ran and owned advertising agencies in Duesseldorf, Germany, and New York City. Volkswagen A.G. was Bertel's most important corporate account. Schmitt's advertising and marketing career touched many corners of the industry with a special focus on automotive products and services. Since 2004, he lives in Japan and China with his wife <a href="http://www.tomokoandbertel.com"> Tomoko </a>. Bertel Schmitt is a founding board member of the <a href="http://www.offshoresuperseries.com"> Offshore Super Series </a>, an American offshore powerboat racing organization. He is co-owner of the racing team Typhoon.
More by Bertel Schmitt
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Art_Vandelay I wish. Love the 70 series
- Pco65752756 Why is this not on the High Mile Cars List?
- SCE to AUX "But we can all go pound sand in North America, unfortunately"In reality, that would be about 1000 people who can go pound sand, which is why this isn't coming to North America.
- MaintenanceCosts You could probably make this thing satisfy US emissions standards, although it wouldn't right now, but there is no way on God's green earth you could make it satisfy US safety standards.
- MrIcky Haven't these been out for a while? Is the news just that Japan gets them now too?