Chinese Are Getting Married, And It's WAR!
In the olden days, you banged your girl, and then got married. In China, as modern as it may be, the big bang is after the wedding ceremony. No Chinese wedding is complete without WWIII – worthy fireworks. The delivery vehicles for the marriage-megatonnage are purpose-converted ‘salute cars.’ As Tycho of Carnewschina tells us, the salute cars “are mostly based on old Beijing-Jeeps, dressed in military style with a big and scary rocket launcher in the back.”
Tycho covers Chinese cars and weddings like no other. He is a certified expert: He had his own Chinese wedding, and the grapevine says that it was successful. Tycho reports that the salute cars are for hire: “Rent for one day will cost around 5000 yuan, 800 USD, including the fireworks and personnel.”
As they said: When you get married, start your new life with a bang.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tane94 are both eligible for federal tax credits? That's the big $7,500 question.
- Jkross22 Toenail says what?
- MaintenanceCosts This sounds like old-school GM drama!
- SCE to AUX It's not really a total re-badge since some of the body parts are unique, and the interiors are quite different.As I mentioned the other day, the Tonale has a terrible name and a dim future.As for the Alfa team - guess what, this is how corporate ownership works. You are part of Stellantis partly because you're not viable as a standalone business, and then your overlords decide what's shared among the products.By the way: That Uconnect infotainment system found in Alfas was originally a Chrysler product... you're welcome.
- Kurkosdr Someone should tell the Alfa Romeo people that they are a badge owned by a French company now.The main reason PSA bought FiatChrysler is that PSA has the technology to enter the luxury market but customers don't want a French luxury car for psychological/mindshare reasons. FiatChrysler has the opposite problem: they have lots of still-respected brands but not always the technology to make good cars. Not to say that if FCA has a good platform, it won't be used in a PSA car.In other words, if those Alfa Romeo buds think that they will remain a silo with their own bespoke platforms and exclusive sheet metal, they are in for a shock. This is just the start.