Shanghai Auto Show: BYD, Get A Handle On This
April 22nd, 2011 10:05 AM Share
This is the BYD F0. I’ll leave it to the experts which other car this resembles. It reminds me a bit of that car, but maybe only because it’s so small and red. It should be red. It’s embarrassing.
The dashboard is a bit like this. But that’s what you get when mounting freestanding gauges.
That’s not the point of the story. When this guy climbed of the car, I saw an odd piece of plastic.
This was a door handle. If your car doesn’t survive the first day of the auto show without the door handle getting ripped off …
… if the door handle remains unfixed on the second day of the show, and if your people turn their backs on the problem in their own booth, then you have no business making cars.
Published April 22nd, 2011 10:05 AM
Join the conversation
3 of 15 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Akear I just realized 80% of these EV vehicles producers are going to be liquidated within the next five years. It is not possible to survive by selling only 3000 vehicles a year. This reminds me of the dot.com bust of the late 90s and early 2000s. Those who don't learn from history repeat it.
- 3SpeedAutomatic I drove a rental Renegade a few years back. Felt the engine (TIgerShark) was ready was ready to pop out from under the hood. Very crude!! Sole purpose was CAFE offsets. Also drove a V6 Cherokee which was very nice and currently out of production. Should be able to scoop up one at a fair deal.🚗🚗🚗
- Inside Looking Out This is actually the answer to the question I asked not that long ago.
- Inside Looking Out Regarding "narrow windows" - the trend is that windows will eventually be replaced by big OLED screens displaying some exotic place or may even other planet.
- Robert I have had 4th gen 1996 model for many years and enjoy driving as much now as when I first purchased it - has 190 hp variant with just the right amount of power for most all driving situations!
the Dodge Durango at the detroit show this year had a loose door handle too. not as bad as this, but loose on the exterior and not hitting the strike plate well.
I look forward to the "Hello Kitty" Edition