2013 Malibu: Does The "Camaro Butt" Work?
April 18th, 2011 10:39 PM Share
Published April 18th, 2011 10:39 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 97 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto The factory is delayed due to an investigation of a peter puffery ring lead by VoGhost, Tassos, EBFlex a Civic Type-R
- FreedMike Looking forward to the protests at the factory accusing Toyota of excessive woke-ism. First, EVs...next, grooming.
- MrIcky I remember when Gladiators came out and everyone was shocked at how expensive they were. Now all the off road specials have caught up or passed it financially. I like this truck a lot, but I'd still take my Rubicon over this. I'd take this over the Ranger Raptor or Tacoma TRD though. When I found out the increase in track for the new TRD was just wheel offset-I knew they were just phoning it in. Why spend so much R&D on those stupid seats when you could have r&d'd longer arms or a front locker.
- Alan Hmm, I see a bit of politicking here. What qualifications do you need to run GM or Ford? I'd bet GM or Ford isn't run by experienced people. Anyone at that level in an organisation doesn't need to be a safety whip, you need to have the ability to organise those around you to deliver the required results.
- Alan That's about $74k AUD, seems like a good price for the vehicle of this calibre. I think the Ranger Raptor will start around the $78k mark here. A friend of mine just bought a W580 Amarok for $97k. Nissan have the Navara Warrior which is cheaper, I think it starts in the high $50s. The cheapest is a Chinese iteration of one of these off road tuned vehicles starting in the $40s ($29k USD). But all of the above vehicles are not equal. I would think the Raptor is by far your best bet for an off roader.
For me this looks like a bigger version of the Cruze, maybe I have Cruze brain from all the Cruzes I see in Australia. I am surprised that no one else can see the family resemblance, which runs from the 2 Tier bonnet lines, through the side view to the rear (Hidden slightly by the tailights) Steering wheel looks identical other than wood colour, same for wiper & indicator stalk, and headlamp switch. Heck the more I look at the interior, I see Cruze all over it. I can already read the TTAC review: New Malibu out Camrys the Camry... [MK] Still waiting on a true American mid car [Jack] :-)
looking like the G8 - now if they would just put a similar engine in it.