Ask The Best And Brightest: How Much Do You Trust The Automotive Industry?
Well, the global car business is not as trusted as the technology business, according to Edelman’s 2011 Trust Barometer study, but it’s now doing better than any other industry out there. Yes, really. Cars may have taken some lumps over the last several years, but thanks to improvements in auto industry trust in the US and China, it’s now beating everything from telecom to pharmaceuticals to food. Does the auto business deserve that trust? That’s a question for you to answer…
According to Edelman’s survey of 5,075 college-educated people in 23 countries, the following issues are most important developing trust with company:
Finally, for all the advertisers out there, we’ll add another slide which shows that, in the new global economy, online news sources like TTAC are the new drivers of corporate credibility.
And, for some context on what it takes to appear trustworthy in the modern media environment, we’ll conclude with the following slide:
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MRF 95 T-Bird Back when the Corolla consisted of a wide range of body styles. This wagon, both four door and two door sedans, a shooting brake like three door hatch as well as a sports coupe hatchback. All of which were on the popular cars on the road where I resided.
- Wjtinfwb Jeez... I've got 3 Ford's and have been a defender due to my overall good experiences but this is getting hard to defend. Thinking the product durability testing that used to take months to rack up 100k miles or more is being replaced with computer simulations that just aren't causing these real-world issues to pop up. More time at the proving ground please...
- Wjtinfwb Looks like Mazda put more effort into sprucing up a moribund product than Chevy did with the soon to be euthanized '24 Camaro.
- Wjtinfwb I've seen worse on the highways around Atlanta, usually with a refrigerator or washer wedged into the trunk and secured with recycled twine...
- Wjtinfwb Surprising EB Flex hasn't weighed in yet on it being the subject of a recall...
The X-Files taught me to "trust no one".
The real question here is why did brewing and spirits score so low?