What's Wrong With This Picture: You Can Passat But Will You Notice It? Edition
December 8th, 2010 11:25 AM Share
In love with the 2011 VW Jetta? It’s tough to imagine, but I’ll certainly concede that it’s possible. Anyway, if you love the new Jetta, you won’t be able to stop yourself falling for its big brother, the forthcoming Passat-replacement. On the other hand, if you think the new Jetta looks like a stock photograph of a vanilla ice cream cone, or if it inspires you as much as an insurance firm’s mission statement, this New Midsize Sedan might leave you a bit cold. On the other hand, there is a silver lining to the Passat’s blandification: Volkswagen has finally figured out how to make the Phaeton look like a distinctive, innovative, upscale design.
Published December 8th, 2010 11:24 AM
Join the conversation
3 of 64 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jdt65724922 How can a Chrysler E-Class ride better than a Chrysler Fifth Avenue?
- Lorenzo This series is epic, but I now fear you'll never get to the gigantic Falcon/Dart/Nova comparison.
- Chris P Bacon Ford and GM have decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Odds are Chrysler/Cerberus/FCA/Stellantis is next to join in. If any of the companies like Electrify America had been even close to Tesla in reliability, we wouldn't be here.
- Inside Looking Out China will decide which EV charging protocol will become world wide standard.
- Chris P Bacon I see no reference to Sweden or South Carolina. I hate to assume, but is this thing built in China? I can't help but wonder if EVs would be more affordable to the masses if they weren't all stuffed full of horsepower most drivers will never use. How much could the price be reduced if it had, say, 200hp. Combined with the instant torque of an EV, that really is plenty of power for the daily commuter, which is what this vehicle really is.
Did someone actually describe the Accord as "beautiful, stylish, aggressive"??? Funniest thing I've read in a while.
Boring. Looks a lot like the 98 Passat.