Used Car of the Day: 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar
Today's UCOTD is a speedy Swede with a stick.
Yes, that's right -- for $17K, you can get a stick-shift 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar with a six-speed manual.
The seller does say the car has a rebuilt title but he or she also says this C30 -- number 143 out of 250 -- is in excellent condition and has just 68,000 miles on the clock.
Factory equipment includes blind-spot monitoring, a moonroof, 17-inch Styx wheels, a black-and-tan interior, and an R-design body kit. Aftermarket equipment includes a KPAX racing exhaust, subwoofer, Thule roof rack, and tinted windows. The seller thinks the previous owner may have tuned it.
Within the past 2,000 miles, the seller has serviced the brakes, tires, timing belt, water pump, and, for some reason, the cylinder head.
Apparently, the car was purchased from an insurance auction and the right rear quarter panel has been repaired.
So there are some yellow flags here, but on the other hand, this is not an easy car to find. If this is your kind of thing, check it out here.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kwik_Shift Green Monster Energy and Poutine (original or "pulled pork poutine") were my motivators, back in the day.
- KevinB Starbucks for a doppio espresso and gruyere and bacon egg bites in the morning, and a salt caramel cold brew in the afternoon, because I am eating and drinking myself silly at my destination.
- MaintenanceCosts The previous generation is one of the best ways in the last 20 years to enjoy flagship-level luxury in complete anonymity.This generation is all tacky ostentation and I'd feel embarrassed to be seen in one.
- Gene I agree that sedans sell well. Kia, Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. I was very disappointed when Ford and Lincoln dropped Sedans and coupes (other than the Mustang that I have for summer weekends). I don't know where I'm going to buy my next "car". Sorry, no pick-up, suv, cuv , pms or xyz's for me. Gone thru that already.
- Inside Looking Out "it's a Bolt that has Ampera badging and the Ampera grille." EVs do not have grills.
I looked a plain C30 back in 2009, as other have mentioned it seemed like a nicer more expensive Focus. I got a used Audi A3 for less. When ever I saw one I was reminded that I made a better choice.
speaking as a Volvo technician it is not at all uncommon to see a P1 Volvo (C30,C70,V50, and S40) in need of head work. In their infinite wisdom Volvo designed the P1 chassis with a washer fluid level sensor, but no coolant level sensor. P1 chassis a cars also had two notable weak spots in the cooling system once they get older, a leaking reservoir and a lower radiator hose with several bonded connections that tended to leak. Combine all this together and cars run low on coolant very slowly and then one day as your stuck in traffic on the I-10 your car informs you that it’s overheated. Very rarely does the head need replaced usually a gasket replacement corrects things.