Used Car of the Day: 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner TRD
Today's UCOTD is, uh, interesting. This 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner TRD has more than 283K miles on the clock, it's 21 years old, and the price is $15,000.
This two-wheel-drive truck has a lot of aftermarket parts. Here's the list from the post:
TRD supercharger (Nose cone replaced twice for maintenance)
K&N drop in filter
Front Suspension: 3” Toytec lift springs, Bilstein shocks, SPC adjustable upper control arms
Rear Suspension: 2.5” OME Dakar leaf springs with bushings, Bilstein shocks
Extended Steel Braided Brake lines front and rear
Pioneer Double Din Receiver
Polk Audio front and rear components, tweeters, two 8” subs and amplifier
Dashcam forward and rear facing
Clifford alarm (mainly for keyless entry)
ARE tonneau cover
Front and Rear Tint
18x9 +0 Volk Racing TE37’s with custom hub centric rings (old school center caps included)
Project Kics R40 NeoChro Lug Nuts
275/65R18 General Grabber A/T tires
The seller says the truck has used Mobil 1 and has been well-maintained, and the battery, starter, valve-cover gaskets, and spark plugs.
The seller also still has some original stuff, like the floor mats, audio components, original wheels, and intake manifold. That last will be necessary should you want to remove the supercharger.
Apparently, the truck is in good shape cosmetically, as well, but does have wear and tear issues such as paint chips.
Check it out here.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Crtfour It's Ford...how long before the first recall?
- Oberkanone You get a workout driving an Opel GT compared to driving experience of today. No power steering, manual transmission, and just getting into and out of the car requires extreme physical flexibility. I favor the Saab Sonett III over the Opel GT. If I'm buying a tiny two seat 1972 odd car I'm going all in.
- Lou_BC Ford's on strike. Using photos of Fords is like crossing a picket line. ;)
- Lou_BC Not my problem. Buying anything on credit is a risk for buyer and seller.
- Theflyersfan They could also haul dead, leaking cows. Before Top Gear, I'm sure none of us knew that. And at least one person was murdered in or around his car.