Used Car of the Day: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
Attention, Midwest-based Subaru fans.
There's a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS for sale for just $9K.
The car has a tick over 180K miles and the owner says it's mostly stock, except for the radio and aftermarket shocks, along with a few other aftermarket parts that replaced wear and tear items.
The owner says the car is pretty well maintained but has had some minor problems, and it appears that the timing belt has been replaced. There are some minor rust and cosmetic problems. The cruise control doesn't work.
It's a five-speed stick, and either the transmission or differential whines at highway speeds -- and has since the owner took possession of the car six years ago.
The owner claims to change the oil every three-thousand miles, or thereabouts, and he or she has posted a timeline of when work was done. He or she even has a journal, one that appears to be infrequently updated, about his/her time with the car.
Trades for a Miata or manual Subaru Forester XT appear to be acceptable.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
TDIGuy on Nov 16, 2022
I had the hatchback/wagon "Outback Sport" version of this, but it had the 2.2L engine. Fake hood scoops and vents and all. Couldn't get the STi here in Canada at the time, so it was the next best thing I guess? Was still fun splashing in puddles on the cottage country roads.
Also, I found the four door version of the RS like above for sale in Quebec for $3900 CDN.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- RHD Those cameras would be made non-functional if they were sprayed with aerosol bedliner. So please, do not do that. And definitely do not tell the good folks in Oxford to spray the cameras with bedliner.
- Dusterdude Whatever the UAW advises should always be taken at face value , we all know they are honest and transparent , so no debate even required .
- Brendan Pataky Running out of conspiracy theories here. And how is traffic management "inclusive"? Marxism dog whistle.
- Jkross22 Another group of people convinced wearing underwear will stop their farts.
- MKizzy Become another rental car company and partner with insurers, auto repair shops, and dealerships to offer short to middle term loaner vehicles from its inventory and then resale the vehicles after a few thousand miles or another year whichever comes first. Maybe even lease vehicles to wannabe Uber/Lyft drivers.