MINI JCW 1TO6 Edition Promises Performance, Not Time-Telling
Despite bearing a name sounding suspiciously like the precise time dinner is served in a strict household (or the latest Oakland A’s score, let’s be honest), this newest Mini is a $45k invitation to go-kart fun.
Most of what makes the 1TO6 unique is appearance-based but there’s no discounting the thing’s manual transmission and quick-revving engine. As a refresher, there’s a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine under the hood, making 231 horses and a roughly like amount of torque. Acceleration to 60 mph is pegged at around six seconds.
Visually, this trim is identified by a monochromatic exterior design including a Midnight Black paint finish, various and sundry piano black exterior trim, plus a set of dark 18-inch alloy wheels. All this kit contrasts decently with a grey go-faster stripe that runs over the length of the car.
Open the door and you’ll find the expected smattering of trim-specific emblems, so be sure to note their location in case one pops up at Barrett-Jackson in the 2050 calendar year. Its steering wheel is wrapped in Nappa leather and a “one of 999” badge also crops up. Note well: that’s simply to state this is one of the roughly thousand of these things Mini is making, not its sequential production order. If you show up at Cars & Coffee and someone else is claiming to have the 1st production JCW 1TO6, don’t say we didn’t warn ya.
For the American market, this car uses the the John Cooper Works with Iconic trim as its base, adding $2,500 to that car’s price for a total sticker of $45,300 plus $995 for destination. Remember, the Iconic trim itself commands a $7,000-ish premium for its panoramic moonroof and such, making the 1TO6 about ten grand more than a standard JCW with no appreciable increase in performance. Such is the cost of exclusivity.
Production is expected to begin during the third quarter of this year.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bullnuke It may be awhile before these show up on US shores. The MV Fremantle Highway has just started demo/reconstruction in Rotterdam after the large fire when transporting its last shipment of electric Porsche products.
- Fie on Fiasler Big, fast and thirsty does not equal good. True luxury is not cobbled together by the UAW.
- Inside Looking Out I see it as gladiator races - only one survives in virtual world.
- Crown They need to put the EcoDiesel back in the Grand Cherokee. I have a 2018 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 69,000 miles and only needed tires, and regular oil and fuel filter changes.
- El scotto Y'all are overthinking this. Find some young hard-charging DA seeking the TV limelight to lock this kid up. Heck, have John Boehner come up from Cincy to help the young DA get his political career going. Better yet, have the young DA spin this as hard as he or she can; I'm the candidate for Law and Order, I defied our go-easy office and leadership to get this identified criminal locked up. Oh this could be spun more than a hyper active kid's top.Now I'd do some consulting work for Little Kings Original Cream Ale and Skyline Chili.