Jeep Adds One Color to Gladiator. That’s It. That’s the Headline.
This post is less about bringing breaking news to the B&B and more about giving your author a chance to run photos of a Jeep in an obnoxious color which he greatly enjoys. The brand calls it High Velocity Yellow; I call it fantastic.
But I’ll never understand why the marketing mavens at Jeep didn’t grab the opportunity to call it Highlighter Yellow. Alas. In any event, there’s little chance anyone who selects this shade from the growing palette of colors available on the Gladiator will lose their vehicle in a parking lot – or on the sand dunes for that matter. This thing should be the lead vehicle in all off-road sessions, by the way. It’d save money on those tall orange flags.
Speaking of money, this paint option – like so many these days – is an extra cost line item to the tune of $395. For those keeping track at home, this is the first yellow paint available on the Gladiator, though similar hues have been slathered on Wrangler over the years. Anyone who fronts for the option should also check boxes for a body-colored roof and color-keyed fender flares for maximum effect.
If this retina-searing hue is too much for yer eyes, know there are other paint colors with entertaining names on the Gladiator roster. Firecracker Red has been around for ages, as have Sarge Green and Sting-Grey. The eye-popping Hydro Blue is the same paint that’s on this writer’s Trailhawk currently sitting in his driveway.
Even though it is tough to draw any conclusions on year-over-year sales numbers thanks to a myriad of issues that have plunged dealers into a bizzarro-world environment, it’s worth noting that Stellantis retail sales were down almost a quarter in Q2 this year compared to last. Total sales were off 16 percent. Gladiator has shifted about 40,000 units so far in 2022 compared to about 50,000 in the same timeframe twelve months ago. Jeep’s best-seller is far-and-away the Grand Cherokee, at 134,369 units, about 35k up on the Wrangler. Those roles were reversed in 2021. Keep in mind that while Jeep breaks out Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer stats (17k and 7k, respectively), there’s no delineation of two-row GC and three-row GCL numbers.
High Velocity Yellow is available now on ’23 Gladiators in all trims including Sport, Overland, Rubicon, and Mojave.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bullnuke It may be awhile before these show up on US shores. The MV Fremantle Highway has just started demo/reconstruction in Rotterdam after the large fire when transporting its last shipment of electric Porsche products.
- Fie on Fiasler Big, fast and thirsty does not equal good. True luxury is not cobbled together by the UAW.
- Inside Looking Out I see it as gladiator races - only one survives in virtual world.
- Crown They need to put the EcoDiesel back in the Grand Cherokee. I have a 2018 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 69,000 miles and only needed tires, and regular oil and fuel filter changes.
- El scotto Y'all are overthinking this. Find some young hard-charging DA seeking the TV limelight to lock this kid up. Heck, have John Boehner come up from Cincy to help the young DA get his political career going. Better yet, have the young DA spin this as hard as he or she can; I'm the candidate for Law and Order, I defied our go-easy office and leadership to get this identified criminal locked up. Oh this could be spun more than a hyper active kid's top.Now I'd do some consulting work for Little Kings Original Cream Ale and Skyline Chili.