Ford's Very Gay Ranger Raptor Heads to Goodwood to Spur Conversations About Inclusion
Ford is keeping the Goodwood Festival of Speed colorful in celebration of Pride Month. It’s bringing a truck called the Very Gay Ranger Raptor to the event.
The rainbow-colored truck, which also has gold accents, will do more than just catch eyes and a take a run up the hill — it will be used to help get attention towards what Ford is calling “Tough Talks”.
These talks will involve gay Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas, racing driver Abbie Eaton, comedian Catherine Bohart, and Lord March. The conversation will be about how the automotive industry can be more inclusive for the LGBTQIA+ community.
This isn’t the first Very Gay Ranger to exist — the original truck was a project of Ford of Germany, built for the Christopher Street Day celebration in Cologne. It came about as a response to a social-media user calling the company’s Performance Blue paint color “very gay.” So, in a bit of trolling the homophobes, Ford turned a negative into a positive.
Not only that, but those who have a nose for the history of Ford in Europe, the Very Gay Ranger was also a homage to a rainbow-colored Ford Ka pickup conversion that was built in 1998, also for the Christopher Street Day celebration.
It’s obviously Pride Month here in the States, too, and Ford has celebrated by building a Ford Bronco Wildtrak with the same paint scheme. It debuted at the Memphis Pride Fest this month.
[Images and video: Ford]
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- THX1136 Maybe Mark Worman/Graveyard Carz will see this, buy the thing and restore it to it's original condition.
- THX1136 Fain's comments are ridiculous to these ears. "Struggling to get by. . ." - really? The only reason any would be struggling is due to living beyond said individuals means (spending money like the gubment does). Both political entities 'visiting' the situation is one more reason for this baby to vote for neither.
- Sgeffe 400 horsepower? In a German 2-point-zero-tee?My God, that'll blow sky-high the day after the warranty expires!
- EBFlex Did he deboard the plane with the baby steps? Anyway I called it. Right yet again:Jeff-“”I doubt President Biden would join striking UAW workers. It’s one thing to give support to strikers and another to join strikers on the picket line.”Well he’s a complete and total moron. So it wouldn’t be surprising at all if he joined them on the picket line. If an idiot would do it, then it’s something Brandon would do..”
- Fred Trump's "concerted effort" will be to speak at a non-union plant. Don't forget he promised to keep Lordstown open.