Honda Teases New HR-V With Gaping Maw
The teaser game continues.
Honda has sent the automotive press two teaser images of the next-generation HR-V small crossover.
And that’s all they’ve sent.
The only other details they’ve given is that the model year will be 2023. And that it will launch in North America this year.
We can see from the pics that the grille opening is quite large, the headlights and upper grille appear to be a nod to the old S2000 roadster, and the taillights appear to have an Acura influence.
The 2022 model is available for prices as low as around $21K, with upper trims falling just short of $29K.
Current models are motivated by a 1.8-liter four-cylinder that makes 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque, and all-wheel drive is available.
The HR-V is a bit forgotten sometimes, with the focus on Honda crossovers spread amongst the popular CR-V, the larger Pilot, and the outdoors-targeted Passport. But it’s there for entry-level buyers and/or crossover intenders who don’t need a ton of space.
And now we have a hint of what the next one will look like. Soon enough, we’ll know more.
With the North American International Auto Show moving to the fall, the next auto show is Chicago, which as of this moment, is still on. So could it be unveiled there? Or will it be elsewhere, at a later event?
We shall see.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos The EQS is the best looking BEV, better than even the only Tesla I would ever consider (the S) and more luxurious inside etc etcThe self driving features will come in handy when I'm 110 and my eyesight and reaction times start to suffer.But that's four decades away, and only Tim recommends 40 year old "used cars"
- Tassos "Baby, Baby light my fire!""Oh God please give me a Kia Forte" --Janis Joplin
- Tassos The fugly looks of any Subaru, and especially the non-sporty non-elegant, fugly, low-rent looks and interior of the WRX are alone a sufficient turnoff to never want to own one.One can be a 100% car enthusiast but ALSO demand a beautiful AND luxurious vehicle one can be truly proud of and which makes one very happy every time one drives it.The above is obviously totally foreign to Subaru Designers and managers.Αnd who cares if they sell all they make? this is 100% worthless bragging, since they hardly make ANY. ALL of Subaru's models together, all dozen of them, sell less than the top selling Toyota or Honda or even Tesla sells. ANd furthermore, if you have the intellectual horsepower to understand it, bulldude, which I am 99% sure you sure as hell do not, it is NOT about the sales units, it is not even about the sales revenue.It is all about the P R O F I T S.Am I going slow enough for you, bulldude?
- Thehyundaigarage Am I the only one that sees a Peugeot 508?
- Lou_BC I realized it wasn't EV's burning by the absence of the usual suspects.